LCVSD is an all volunteer organization, with a Board of Directors that is made up of environmental advocates, community activists, and concerned San Diegans who work together to ensure the protection of the region’s precious natural resources.
League of Conservation Voters - San Diego
LCVSD is a chapter of the California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), which seeks to protect the environmental quality of the state by working to elect environmentally responsible candidates and hold them accountable to the conservation agenda.
The League of Conservation Voters San Diego (LCVSD)is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that promotes conservation and environmental protection in San Diego county by:
- Identifying and electing environmentally responsible candidates
- Educating the public
- Promoting environmental policies
- Working with elected officials
LCVSD is a chapter of the California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV)We seek to protect the environmental quality of the state by working to elect environmentally responsible candidates and hold them accountable to the conservation agenda. By being an “on the ground” voice in the San Diego community, LCVSD provides an opportunity for environmental activists to directly impact the local electoral process while promoting environmental candidates.
LCVSD Near-Term Goals
- Positively impact races throughout San Diego County to ensure conservation candidates are elected
- Promote a pro-environmental agenda throughout the county, especially holding LCVSD-endorsed candidates accountable to a pro-environmental agenda
- Raise awareness of environmental issues among the general public
LCVSD InvolvementThere are many ways that LCVSD is involved in promoting conservation candidates and policies, including:
- Recruiting & training candidates to run for office
- Endorsing candidates and propositions
- Supporting candidates & propositions by raising funds and coordinating volunteer activities
- Raising awareness of environmental candidates and issues by organizing forums, disseminating information to supporters, and engaging in media campaigns
- Promoting environmental policies through endorsement of environmental initiatives and through testimony on key policy decisions