There are many ways that LCVSD is involved in promoting conservation candidates and policies, including:
- Recruiting & training candidates to run for office
- Endorsing candidates and propositions
- Supporting candidates & propositions by raising funds and coordinating volunteer activities
- Raising awareness of environmental candidates and issues by organizing forums, disseminating information to supporters, and engaging in media campaigns
- Promoting environmental policies through endorsement of environmental initiatives and through testimony on key policy decisions.